1.23.2011

Why I Want to Learn Japanese

TO PLAY IT FIRST
This isn't as true as it used to be, but for games Japan has traditionally been the land of play it first. Square still releases games first in Japan, including Dissidia, Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy.

TO WATCH ANIME WITHOUT SUBTITLES
Just a matter of principle here

TO TRAVEL ACROSS THE GLOBE
I know they say you can travel anywhere with a book, but it's more of a fly over. If you can read the book in the native language, it's like you're walking the streets.



BECAUSE ITS NOT SPANISH
I have nothing against Spanish. I took three years in high school. It would be convenient to know, since so many people I see on a daily basis speak it. But, its Spanish. Its a lot like English but easier. Something about languages that do not use the roman alphabet seem impossible to master.

BECAUSE IT'S JUST AS HARD FOR THEM
http://kotaku.com/5737381/forget-dragons-japans-biggest-quest-is-for-english

BECAUSE I THINK IT SOUNDS COOL
That's on principle too i suppose.

BECAUSE THAT"S WHERE THE COOL STUFF COMES FROM
Ninja Warrior. Unbeatable Banzuke. Pocky. Anime.  Video Games. Robots. You know.