4.06.2013

Year of Fantasy: April and FFIV



It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Luckily, I jumped into Final Fantasy IV while still sick last month. It seems to be moving along a lot quicker than FFIII. Perhaps that's just because the story and gameplay is more engaging. I don't think I'll have much trouble finishing it before May, but I also haven't played for the last few days.

I started playing on DS before I remembered I also had this game on PSP. Though the PSP version looked much better, I didn't like the translation as much and missed having two screens. My favorite feature while playing on DS is seeing an overhead view of the map on the bottom screen as you explore.

Though the job system in FFIII offered flexibility, I prefer the predetermined jobs in FFIV. I also like how your party is dynamic, changing as the story progresses. Currently I am making my way back down Mt. Ordeals, which I'm guessing is about 1/3 of the way through the game. I've put in around 15 hours so far.

I'm hoping to get done with this one in the next two weeks, if not sooner. I played at least a third of FFIII while on the go, and I've heard the console games get pretty long. If I don't try to keep ahead of the months, I'll fall hopelessly behind when I get to the console-only games.