1.20.2011

Some Projects

As my previous (or next, depending on how you read these) post indicated, I've got a lot of things planned for this year. Some of them involve gaming and my gaming lounge, some don't. Because it is mostly for my benefit, the list can be found after the jump.



MINIMALIST GAME COVERS
A super classy, meticulously edited collection of minimalist covers for my entire gaming collection.

WALL ART FOR MY HOME
I know I want a roller coaster theme in my bedroom, because we went to Cedar Point for our honeymoon. I'd like to create something for the gaming loft too but I dunno what, and then I need to hang all the stuff I already have.

DESIGN T-SHIRTS
Something I've always wanted to do, and with the help of CafePress it might just be possible.

PHOTO ALBUM of GREETING CARDS
I want to make an archive of all the cards I have, some from childhood still but mostly from my wedding. I'd like to take a photo of the outside and inside of all of them, and then... throw them away! but keep the memories safe in some gigantic digital folder of cards.

SLIPCOVERS FOR SECTIONAL
I'd like to make individual slip covers for each segment of my new white sectional couch, because I fear if I don't, it won't be white for long. But that's hella fabric, so we'll see.

VIDEO GAME BLANKET
In all caps it seems kinda lame, but I have plenty of video game t-shirts I've acquired over two years at GameStop, and because they are all too large to wear, I intend to make a "big one" sized blanket out of them to go with my "big one" sized lovesac (a foam filled bean bag the size of a three seat couch).

SKYLINE WALL CURTAIN
Even though I want to make new covers for my cases to make them more appealing, my old plan to deal with this was a full length curtain on a track. For the fabric, I'm actually using a shower curtain.... it's a really nice looking shower curtain, I promise. It's going to take three of them, and I sill have to add fabric to it to make it long enough. But! the shower curtains were only 15 each for essentially 2 yards of fabric, which is rather affordable for the type of print they are.

FINISH PAINTING MY HOME
Just a two story living room and a loft left. Can't decide whether to rent scaffolding or just pay someone to do it for me. I'll probably go with scaffolding, even though the thought of it makes me very tired.

BUILD A STAND FOR MY FRIDGE
It leans forward.

BUILD A TOP FOR GRANDMA'S TRASHCAN
It's broken and a replacement trashcan costs $250!

FINALLY FINISH CLEANING OUT CLOSETS
My father dropped of the entire material contents of my life one random day shortly after I got married. Filtering through the last 24 years has be daunting.

ENJOY MY HOUSE THEN SELL IT.
Shortly after I get all this together, it'll be time to sell and move on to the next house. Hopefully all the hard work will amount to extra money!

also, in terms of less tangible things:
LEARN JAPANESE ALREADY
There are two alphabets and thousands of Kanji... something that can't be mastered as casually as I pretend. I have the resources, but I need the time and dedication.

LEARN GUITAR ALREADY
I mean, I can play guitar, but at a very mediocre level. I'd like to practice more and start learning tabs again. I once knew how to tab "Tears in Heaven," some of "Layla" and snippets of other popular things.

 YOU KNOW, GET A JOB
Given my list, I would prefer to not have a job and work on all these creative things but I'd like a million dollars too, and I don't think I'm getting that either. Maybe one of these endeavors will get me a job, but I've got to keep looking just in case.